Saturday, July 23, 2011

Old Yarn, New Trick

Me and crochet will always be friends, always. But I have to admit that I have known for sometime now that I was going to need to step into the world of knitting. There are just so many more patterns for knitting. So why have I been dragging my feet? Well, two needles seems harder to me than one hook. But it is time. My curiosity has won over my nerves *Ahem-laziness-Ahem*.

Here before you I present my first project.

The beautiful little girl modeling this hat makes my work look way better than it actually is (Thanks baby Ruth, I love you so much!). I have since made 2 others like this and each one is better than the last, but of course I forgot to take pictures of those, so you’ll just have to take my word on that.

3 comments:

Sherida said...

I find knitting to be much easier than crocheting, but I think there are so many more cute patterns for crocheting. Go figure. Welcome to the world of knitting!

So many thoughts... said...

The grass is always greener I guess :) It's just like hair. Mine is straight, and so of course I really want curly hair :oP So far Knitting is treating me pretty good. But when I see what Katie can do, with three needles, I think "I will never be able to do that!" Time will tell.

Katie K said...

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I think this hat came out way cute! You will always be the most talented happy hooker I know but I'm super excited to be able to trade knitting patterns with you too now!

LOL over the three needles thing. Really, it's just like anything, it only looks impressive until you know how to do it yourself and then you realize, "If I can do it, it can't be all that difficult!" =)