Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Flowers and 6 more to go!

May 10th marked our sith month anniversary. Jonathan said that this is the only mid year anniversary we get to celebrate :oP And to celebrate he gave me money to buy myself some flowers. Isn't he sweet? Giving me another chore to do. Just kidding. It was WONDERFUL!!!


I went to the Flower District of Orange County in Santa Ana. It really doesn't compare to the LA Flower District, but it was a great way to spend my morning. I actually had planned to go to pick up flowers for all the mothers in my family. We were having a BBQ to celebrate Mother's Day. I chose the pretty little thing below for all the moms.


But we had so many left over I got to keep some. I picked out the ranculous above and also some white tulips for myself. They were so beautiful, and they made my home look beautiful, and they made my heart smile. Six months went by in the blink of an eye. I can't believe we are half way through our first year?!?! The older I get the quicker time seems to pass. Flowers remind me to slow down, smell the...roses (or tulips). So here they are for you, to encourage you to pause and take a moment to breathe and relax, and enjoy those beautiful things in life that too often go unnoticed.

1 comment:

Emily said...

The flowers look beautiful Sus! I love the orange. :)