Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First Legitimate Yarn Project

This is what my boss called my beanie. Well actually it is Jonathan's beanie. I made it for him. He asked me for a black beanie. It had been a while since I worked on a beanie so I wanted to practise. I had some extra brown yarn, so I started working a simple sc spiral beanie. I really liked the way it turned out. And so did Jonathan, so he asked if he could keep it. Now he has commissioned me for a red one and a black one. We haven't discussed payment yet, but a week or two of washing dishes may suffice.


I brought the beanie to work, and my boss was impressed. He is never impressed. This is really funny, because this has to be one of the most simple patterns I have worked on. But this beanie, well this beanie looks "legit" like it could be sold in a store, according to to my boss. In fact, he said he never wears beanies, he doesn't even own one, but if Jonathan didn't want it, he would like to have it.


I think the color is causing all the fuss. The pattern is nice, but nothing spectacular. Still it does look nice in this color.


Though I did make a beanie for my sister-in-law's husband two Christmases ago, and apparently he wears it all the time. It was the same pattern, perhaps slightly looser, but still a sc spiral.

Heck, if people like the beanies, then I am happy! I love making things with yarn, and it is so rewarding when people enjoy my crafts!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh this makes me smile. :) I can't believe your boss wants one! Thats funny! and I love your herb garden! I have wanted to grow one for a while. Maybe I should! hmmm...

MEGnificent days said...

so....when alissa saw this without realizing what i was reading she said "whose the homeless guy?" I laughed... later I thought...naturally, the one who married our bum roommate. lol

Anonymous said...

So how do I got about commissioning one of my own?

So many thoughts... said...

Em: You should totally grow an herb garden!! Do it do it do it.

Meg: Jonathan read your post yesterday and was like "Hey! I don't look homeless!" LOL!

Liz: What color do you want? I'll see what I can do.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Black or dark gray (I'm nothing if not predictable).